Tramadol: Things you need to know about the famous painkiller
Tramadol is a painkiller. It is a narcotic-like substance, which usually acts as a synthetic opioid analgesic. It is available under the brand name Ultram and falls under the category of Schedule IV drugs, which means it is a controlled substance with the potential to be abused.
What does it mean then? It means that now you cannot get unlimited refills. You can get refills only 5 times in 6 months. After your five refills are complete, you have to get a new prescription from your doctor to get the medicine.
Tramadol and its side effects go hand in hand
Many people tolerate Tramadol quite well when they use it for their pain, but it shows certain side effects when its higher dosages are used. Some common side effects reported by the people having tramadol are:
- Vomiting and nausea
Serious side effects
The above-mentioned side effects are quite common and not so bothersome. People who overdose or withdraw it suddenly suffer more serious side effects. Contact your health care provider immediately if you suffer any of the following side effects:
- Slow breathing
- Allergic reactions
Tramadol and its use in Children
- Tramadol is not so safe for children. Children who have been given Tramadol have been reported to suffer from respiratory issues.
- The medicine should not be administered to children less than 12 years of age.
- Children who have their tonsils removed and are less than 18 years, should not be given Tramadol.
- Tramadol can cause respiratory depression; therefore, children dealing with respiratory problems must take Tramadol cautiously.
Do not withdraw Tramadol suddenly
If you are taking Tramadol for pain control, never stop taking it suddenly. If you stop it suddenly then you have to deal with numerous withdrawal symptoms like:
Taper the medicine slowly only on the doctor’s advice. Do not stop it suddenly on your own.
Generics are cheaper
If you can obtain Tramadol in generic form, then it is the best way to save money. Always ask your doctor to prescribe you generics as generic form comes in both extended-release and immediate release. It is the best way to save hundreds of dollars.
- 6o tablets of tramadol in generic form can cost you about $24 and you can further save on it using online discount coupons.
- However, if you buy Tramadol under the brand name Ultram, it can cost you over 200$.
- You can also lookout for ways using which you can save lots of money on Tramadol.
Tramadol: Try not to make it a habit
Tramadol is somewhere linked to morphine and codeine, hence, short-term prescription or short-term intake of Tramadol is the best solution for agonizing pain.
- If you feel you are getting addicted to the medicine, talk to your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not stop Tramadol abruptly. Taper it slowly as per the doctor’s instructions otherwise; you can face serious withdrawal symptoms.
- These symptoms can be reduced by a slow dose reduction as directed by the health care provider.
You can buy Tramadol online from legit online pharmacies. They deliver high-quality medicines at decent rates. The fast delivery is the added benefit.